June 1st, 2020: As we continue to monitor Corona virus (COVID-19) developments closely, the health and well-being of our associates, clients, vendors and partners, as well as their families, is of utmost importance to us and will remain our highest priority.
We understand that limiting the impact this health event could have on the services we provide is imperative. We are keenly focused on our preparedness efforts to preserve a safe environment for our everyone involved in the delivery and installation of your products.
First and foremost, we want to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of employees, clients, customers and others. We also want to ensure the stability of business operations during this pandemic as best as we can. Part of our business continuity strategy encourages “social distancing”, the use of telephone and video conferencing instead of face-to-face meetings as an example.
We have also created a document shared with all employees on best practices on protecting themselves included on the employee resources on this page.
Additional actions that we have and will undertake are:
- All employees are sent home if any type of illness is visible.
- Employees are required to report any illness or contact with someone who is ill to HR.
- Our employees are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our office areas (including door handles, restrooms etc.).
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
- When feasible, enabling work from home capabilities during this period.
- Providing our employees with information and best practices to prevent the spread of any illness.
- Limiting all non-essential business travel.
We also work closely with our small trucking firms to ensure that they are well and have been provided safety materials and the latest updated safety information. Each delivery team has been asked to ensure the following:
- Wash hands frequently to include prior to and at completion of any delivery
- Evaluate any resident who appears to be ill.
- Wiping down all merchandise once installed.
- No physical contact with resident(s).
- Wear protective gear as appropriate.
We will continue to monitor the circumstances and will shift workloads as necessary, to ensure essential services remain uninterrupted. We have also provide links to several website and resources to both learn more about how to protect yourself from the Corona virus to employee resources available during these times.
If you have any questions about the information shared on this page or if you would like to talk more about what DSI is doing, please fill out the Contact Form on our DSI Contact page.